Interested in Volunteering?
Seeking interns to provide virtual reference on a volunteer basis.
Deadline: Internships begin Monday, September 22nd. The internships are open until filled, applications will be considered immediately as they are received. May close at any time.
- Interns must be graduates of or currently enrolled students at an ALA-accredited graduate school program OR have demonstrable reference experience
- Interns must either be Texas residents or enrolled in an ALA-accredited graduate program based in Texas
- Interns must commit to volunteering at least two hours per week from September 2014 to Friday, December 19th, 2014
- If you have applied in the past, please feel free to reapply
- Some subbing or switching shifts with others is allowed
- Must have reliable access to a computer and the Internet during that time.
- Must have experience reference work or credit for at least a basic reference course
- Experience with database searching, online catalogs, and Internet searching
- Experience with Internet browsers and tabbed browsing
- Have good communication and customer service skills
- Multi-tasking ability
- Experience with instant messaging software
- Are willing to work from a distance
- Able to download small software programs onto computers you will use
- Experience with wikis, message boards, and social networking
- Have a strong interest in virtual reference and good customer service
- Previous virtual reference or online customer service experience
- Experience using Meebo, ZohoChat or similar programs
- Experience using Screencast-o-matic, Jing, Camtasia, Captivate, SnagIt or similar programs.
- Real world experience
- Ability to volunteer from home
- Experience using virtual reference technologies
- Download the application here application.doc (Word Document)
- Complete the application and e-mail it to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact Liz Barksdale at firstname.lastname@example.org